Well the performance of my exhaust in power and in cabin noise could be better. So when the chance for a huge discount on some Motordyne ART Pipes came along I jumped on them like a cheetah on an impala!!! Those not familiar with these pipes can refer here…
I was imprest with detail as the insides have beed sprayed with a thermal barrier to keep heat inside the pipes.
Then for extra security they installed packing where the O2 sensors plug in. Purpose i see here is extra barrier to prevent a check engine light from appearing, incase the extending sensor tubes are not long enough.
as pleased as I am with the pipes I felt a little extra something was in order…
This spray is similar to what motordyne did to the inside of these pipes. The heat protection in 1500 degrees farenheit, and I am not sure how that compares to what they had already done. This is after first coat.
And final product!!!!
I have alway said to myself modify within your means. If it works then it works, and function comes before looking good. I go by this simply because the car is built for me. Well that can backfire at times as the muffler guts have been killed. Funds are a bit limited more times than not, so, it is time to settle on what works. T hat would be a Megan Single exhaust (Drift Spec).
Overall the sound has an intoxicating high pitch tone to it. Unfortunatly I had to put Walker resonators in the Megan Y-Pipe to quiet down thedrone in the cabin. Yet I would say it is still there.
Another thing to note are the bends that can be seen. They are, to me, unnecessary in some areas. One, that can not be seen, is a kink near the sway bar the literally decreases the size and circular shape of the piping.
To prepare for this Texas heat during the track day I decided something may need to be done…
Keep in mind these are covered in plasti-dip because of the numerous road trips I make. These serve only one purpose and that is to force fresh cool air to the intake.
See…carbon, but not completely all as the backing in FRP
There we go now it is clean and no more bug splats…..wow…..I quite fancy it
Here you can see the true purpose of these inlets and the direction of the airflow
I have yet to see or hear someone run a surface rust lsd. Naturally, there must be a reason. Very very very little rust can be run with oil, but one should just not leave it if it can be helped. In my case it can be so I will attempt to clean it with a simple power drill.
This is what I saw when I opened the box from the shipper.
you can see where i started to sand off the rust. It is the only section without any.
lucky for me the stubs were not touched….well…hardly
Time to put some low-budget tools to work
I had the original wheels for quite sometime before I made the jump to spend some money on wheels. One thing I wanted was to make sure I didn’t spend too much on the set-up as I also needed rubber. I have always been keen on weight and function of parts. So i had wanted some lightweight wheels. Naturally the price of such items is starting at about $1000usd…..unless I bought them used.
Also around the same time Espilar springs were installed.
The sizes are 18×8.5 in the front and 18×9.5 rear . The tires are 235/40 front and 255/40 rear, all with out spacers.
The rear seems to fit somewhat snug
This set-up is promising in the future events I will attend…fingers crossed